Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cast on... Cabled Knit Throw

If you didn't know "casting on" is the first row of a new knitting project. I will start a new blog post like this every time I start a new project.... This is going to be a way for me to keep up with my progress and outline my difficulties and successes... YAY!!

Casted on to Cabled Knit Throw @ 6:00pm 12/11/09...


Hopefully this will take less than a week but so far I have only finished 3 sets of the first of 7 sets in 5 panels of this throw and I spent at least 2 hours last night on it! The throw is my first big project so I am sure there will be lots of ups and downs on this project. I have already had to rip out over 5 rows of stitches - ARGH!!!!!!!! These types of projects take lots of focus on counting and very little focus on actually thinking. Which is good seeing as thinking usually gets me in a super funky mood. Anyway, I am using Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Fig and it should take around 9 skeins of yarn... Here is a little linky love for the patternfrom Lion Brand. Let's see how this thing looks when I get it done... Here we go...

No comments: