Friday, December 18, 2009

MUST HAVE.

I recently moved to a new home in a new state... Fresh start and all... So with that came the purchase of a new home... A home that has a formal living room and a den.  I have NO USE for a formal living room.  It is larger than the den (or so it feels) and it is the first door to the right as you walk in... I love turning right... I find myself always turning right for some reason... Who knows?  Anyway, back to the original point of this post.  


This front room has caused this chica much pain in the brain.  So, finally I have decided to make it a craft/computer/chill room.  I bought a fabulous '70's wood couch for 25 bucks on Craigslist - she's a beaut! - that I plan on recovering in some sort of fantastical bright fabric and paintin' the wood out in a creamy dreamy white....  Here are some samples of what I would like to do... 


Next 3 fabrics below are Anna Maria Horner






















And then Contender #4 by Joel Dewberry










So far #1 is my favorite... We shall see what the final feel I am going for in the room turns out to be... I am also going to hang drapes on the backside of the doorframe into the room.  They will be bright on the inside and facing outside "show side" I will keep it pretty neutral so it will blend well with the rest of the house...  Plus pull up the carpet to get back to the hardwoods under it... UGH carpet... BLAH!


I have huge dreams for this room.  Mom is bringing me her old sewing machine, my computer desk is already in there and I will be adding a large craft table with chairs on both sides!!  So the kiddos can come in and create with me... I want it to be fun and inspiring... Just super fresh will be whole look I am going for... And believe me, it will be so different from the rest of the house it might just be an eyesore... 


WHICH leads me to this: 


MY MUST HAVE... 






Ruby's Lounge on Etsy...  

Red Cardinal Bird Deer Head 



LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!  WANT WANT WANT!!!!!!
If I still had a hubby around this is most definitely what I would be begging to get for Christmas... I love it... I want it and I want to hug it and stare at it forever..  Heck I would lurve to have one in every color and design they have available...   I LOVE THIS THING!!!!  It totally sums up what kind of room I want... 


As I make some sort of progress on this room I will take you on the journey... Right now all of the grandiose plans are just sitting and stewing in my head... 


Sounds like fun right.... So here we go!!!  Won't y'all come with me??

1 comment:

Robin @ Red Line Vintage said...

Love your ideas, my dear! It will look fab when it's done!